(1) The complete original manuscript not less than 5 pages but not over 15 pages should be a report in full of a significant work.
(2) The complete and original manuscript must not have been published with ISSN/ISBN anywhere else.
(3) The complete original manuscript must be formatted in Word document and follow the journal format. The guideline and the manual for preparing the paper can be found and downloaded at
(4) The complete original manuscript must be submitted online.
(5) The authors must ensure that the manuscript is entirely original except for material in the public domain and such excerpts from other works. Credits should be properly given to the original authors if their works are referred to, quoted or cited or, if necessary, the written permission of the copyright owners should be obtained; and the work does not contain any libelous or injurious formulas, recipes, or instructions; that the work does not infringe any trade name, trademark, or copyright; and that the work does not invade or violate any right of privacy, personal or proprietary right, or other common law or statutory right.
Abstracts and posters at conferences, results presented at meetings (for example to inform investigators or participants about findings), results databases (data without interpretation, discussion, context or conclusions in the form of tables and text to describe data/ information where this is not easily presented in tabular form) are not considered by ASEAN Engineering Journal to be prior publication.
(6) If your paper includes figures and tables, they should be submitted in camera ready format, even if they already appear on the electronic version of your paper. Sometimes in converting to the page layout program, figures & tables become distorted. Please make the figures and tables in conservative sizes preferably with 5.7” x 3.8” @ 300 dpi pixel with the file size of 1.68 MB. If the figures are embedded in the Word document please also include as a separate tif, jpeg, eps or gif file.
(7) Keywords – Most indexes are searched by certain keywords assigned by the scholars of the material, and so it is crucial that you assist us in assigning keywords related to your work.
(8) A more detailed guideline for preparing the manuscript could be found and downloaded using the ASEAN Engineering Journal Template from the website.
Editors in Chief are appointed by JICA PROJECT FOR AUN/SEED-Net and serve at the pleasure of the Committee on Publications. Editors are provided with sufficient resources for manuscript review and selection and have wide authority in selecting and shaping the content of the Journal consistent with the approved coverage statement. Ultimate direction and publishing authority, however, belongs to the JICA PROJECT FOR AUN/SEED-Net.
Ownership of the Journal, its goodwill and trademark, shall remain with JICA PROJECT FOR AUN/SEED-Net. Therefore, editors may not enter into any agreement with respect to material in the Journal. Moreover, editors acknowledge and agree that all ideas, improvements, creations and other works created, developed or conceived by you in performance of your service as editor are “works made for hire” and as such shall be the property of the JICA PROJECT FOR AUN/SEED-Net free of any claim whatsoever.
(3) ASEAN E.J Membership
It is understood that editors are and will remain members of ASEAN E.J. during the term of office. As such, editors will be entitled to all the benefits of membership as well as all the responsibilities that entails.
(4) Term of Office
The official term as editor will be stated in the contract and is renewable upon mutual agreement.
(5) Management of the Journal
Editors are expected to observe general policies and practices, as approved by JICA PROJECT FOR AUN/SEED-Net. The implementation of these policies and practices requires efficient management of the Journal (e.g., in terms of maintaining editorial controls over lag times, rejection rates, page usage).
(6) Responsibilities as section editor–in–chief
Editors are responsible for all editorial matters, including:
(a) selecting reviewers of each paper under the responsible field. Once a paper is submitted, JICA PROJECT FOR AUN/SEED-Net will forward to the editor to select three reviewers. If any reviewer declines to review the paper within one week, the editor must propose the new reviewer to fulfill his/her place.
(b) securing, as a condition of publication, the transfer to JICA PROJECT FOR AUN/SEED-Net of all rights held under copyright by every contributor to every issue with the sole exception of material in the public domain, by means of JICA PROJECT FOR AUN/SEED-Net’s standard Transfer of Copyright agreement. Upon publication, the original forms should be forwarded to the JICA PROJECT FOR AUN/SEED-Net;
(c) proofreading all contributions in accordance with customary publishing standards; in consultation with the JICA PROJECT FOR AUN/SEED-NET, furnishing final copy in production-ready format; and adhering to the page limits and editorial deadlines so that the Journal is timely published
(d) ensuring that to the best of the editor’s knowledge nothing in the Journal violates any proprietary rights or copyright or is injurious or libelous.
(7) Journal Coverage
The area of coverage of the journal being edited will be stated in each issue of the journal.
Editors will receive and begin the review of submitted manuscripts. Editors will have complete authority to accept or reject manuscripts. The decisions in this area are not subject to review by any officer of the JICA PROJECT FOR AUN/SEED-NET.
(9) Journal Production
Journal production is the responsibility of the JICA PROJECT FOR AUN/SEED-NET. This responsibility includes but is not limited to copyediting style (punctuation, spelling, reference format, etc.), typography, cover design, front matter elements and arrangement, length of issue, and production schedules. JICA PROJECT FOR AUN/SEED-NET will not modify substantive content and will consult with the Editor on matters of mutual concern.
JICA PROJECT FOR AUN/SEED-NET acknowledges the great contribution from Editors of its journals and their assistants. However, it is a mutual agreement that the members of the Editorial Board are appointed as individuals on a no-fee basis.
(1) By one month from the time the manuscript is received, Reviewers must return their review electronically to the AUN/SEED-Net Secretariat Office, who later will forward it to the Section Editor-in-Chief.
(2) Reviews should be extensive and constructive, and reviewers should avoid making any derogatory and unprofessional comments. All appropriate comments received are forwarded to the authors by the Journal Secretariat.
(3) Reviewers should assist the editor-in-chief in making editorial decisions in accordance with the criteria set by the Journal to improve the quality of the paper.
Reviewing Result from Reviewers (basic criteria to make final decision of review)
In order to set the standard for reviewing papers submitted for publication in the ASEAN Engineering Journal, the Judgment Guidelines are set as the following principles.
• The aim of ASEAN Engineering Journal is to promote research work of the ASEAN engineering researchers while becoming acknowledged in the international level. In order to meet this requirement, the journal publishes paper and report that are qualified with high originality and useful for the progress of academism and technology.
• The review is a constructive process, with the main purpose to improve the quality of research and educate further the author(s) of the paper.
• The journal includes invited papers to introduce outstanding academic researchers in the AUN/SEED-Net network.
The paper will be judged following the below three main criteria;
A. Usefulness : The paper is beneficial in the engineering or industrial practice as follows.
• The topic and the content are timely and useful.
• The research/technological findings have great potential of application, use or development, or can be put into practice.
• The research/technological findings serve as useful information.
• A good systemization of research/technology in the respective field is suggested, giving future exploration opportunities.
• The research/technological findings can be applied to future experiments, investigations, planning, design or construction works.
• The paper brings up an issue or a discussion and/or offers beneficial opinion on them.
• The test/measurement data can serve as reference data for other researches or construction works.
• It proposes new figures, tables and diagrams that are useful for application.
B. Completeness : The paper is clear, comprehensible and structured systematically to allow readers to understand the content easily as follow.
• The overall structure is appropriate.
• The purpose and the results are clearly described. The background research is sufficiently explained with necessary references.
• The abstract appropriately summarizes the contents of the paper.
• The relationship with past research/technology is clearly shown.
• The use of language is appropriate.
• Figures/tables and the numbers are easy to understand.
• The paper is not repetitive.
C. Reliability : The paper does not have any significant mistakes in the content, thus serving readers as a reliable literature.
• The paper contains no apparent errors on theory, equations, computation, experiment, interpretation of results.
• Every single important reference is dealt with and evaluated in a fair manner.
• Its description is not redundant or insufficient for understanding the contents
• The comparison is made and evaluation carried out with reference to past researches/technologies and appropriate conclusions are derived.
• The test/analytical conditions are clearly described.
Author needs to modify manuscript or comments and then send revised manuscript to the AEJ before publishing.
Author needs to modify manuscript or comments and then send back to AEJ. The revised script will be submitted for the second review by the editorial board.
Three reviewers reject the paper so the author needs to modify from comments and resubmit to the new process again.
*** Section Editor-in-chiefs are required to provide constructive comments and suggestions to the author in case the paper is rejected***
Authors acknowledge that the manuscript is provided on a voluntary basis for the professional recognition obtained by ASEAN Engineering Journal. The copyright of all articles is transferred to ASEAN Engineering Journal upon acceptance for publication by submission of written consent from the authors. When a third person applies for a use of a whole or a part of an article, ASEAN Engineering Journal is able to give him/her permission unless deemed inappropriate. In such case, ASEAN Engineering Journal will later notify authors of how an article is used.